Privacy Statement of De Vreede Law
This privacy statement explains how we collect and use personal information about you.
What personal information do we collect
- Internal – knowledge
- External – identifying
- External – ethnicity (e.g. languages spoken)
- External – physical characteristics (e.g. from passport)
- Financial – account
- Financial – income
- Social – family
- Social – network
- Social – communication
- Social – professional
- Medical –basic information (e.g. birth certificates)
Where we collect personal information from
- IND (Netherlands)
- UWV (Netherlands)
- Internal revenue service (Netherlands)
How we use your personal information
- Deliver services and meet legal responsibilities
- Verify identity where this is required
- Communication by post, email or telephone
- Maintain records to meet legal requirements
- Prevent and detect crime, fraud or corruption
Who we share your personal information wit
- IND (Netherlands)
- UWV (Netherlands)
- Internal Revenue Service (Netherlands)
If you do not provide your personal information – In order to provide certain services personal information collection is required by statute or contract.
Without this information we cannot provide these services, if you do not provide this information certain services are not possible.
How long we retain your personal information for – The gathered personal information will be retained at least as long as the contract is in place. In addition to this we are obligated to retain this data as following:
- Internal personal data – 5 years
- External personal data – 5 years
- Financial personal data – 5 years
- Social personal data – 5 years
- Medical personal data – 5 years
In some cases we can retain your personal information for as long as 20 years for legal reasons. After this period we destroy hardcopies, and delete digital files.
Using our website – Our website www.devreede-law.nl contains PHPSESSID cookies, these cookies are used for Basic functioning of the website and are removed after the session. Other than this our website does not collect personal information or retain personal contact information.
Access to your information – You have the right to request a copy of the personal information about you that we hold.
Correcting your information – We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate, complete and up to date and you may ask us to correct any personal information about you that you believe does not meet these standards.
Deletion of your information – You have the right to ask us to delete personal information about you where:
- – You consider that we no longer require the information for the purposes for which it was obtained.
- – We are using that information with your consent and you have withdrawn your consent– see Withdrawing consent to using your information below.
- – You have validly objected to our use of your personal information– see Objecting to how we may use your information below.
- – Our use of your personal information is contrary to law or our other legal obligations.
Objecting to how we may use your information – You have the right at any time to require us to stop using your personal information. If you ask us to, we will stop using that personal information unless there are overriding legitimate grounds to continue.
Restricting how we may use your information – In some cases, you may ask us to restrict how we use your personal information. This right might apply, for example, where we are checking the accuracy of personal information about you that we hold or assessing the validity of any objection you have made to our use of your information. The right might also apply where this is no longer a basis for using your personal information but you don’t want us to delete the data. Where this right to validly exercised, we may only use the relevant personal information with your consent, for legal claims or where there are other public interest grounds to do so.
Withdrawing consent using your information – Where we use your personal information with your consent you may withdraw that consent at any time and we will stop using your personal information for the purpose(s) for which consent was given.
Please contact us in any of the ways set out in the Contact information and further advice section if you wish to exercise any of these rights.
Changes to our privacy statement – We keep this privacy statement under regular review and will place any updates on this website. This privacy statement was last updated on 13 September 2018.
Contact information and further advice – De Vreede Immigration Law, De Lairessestraat 103, 1017NX, Amsterdam, Tel: +31(0)20 675 7312, Fax: +31(0)20 2581 701
Complaints – We seek to resolve directly all complaints about how we handle personal information but you also have the right to lodge a complaint with us. Please use the contact information above.
Data leaks – Any data leaks will be reported online to the Dutch authority personal data on the website: http://www.autoriteitpersoonsgegevens.nl